Our Fallen Warriors have paid the ultimate sacrifice. The Army has a commitment to their Families. Families deserve our respect, gratitude and the very best we can provide. The purpose of SOS is to deliver on that commitment by:
• Providing access to support, information and services
• Identifying resources closest to where the Survivor resides
• Encourage Survivors to remain an integral part of the Army for as long as they desire
To build an unified support program which embraces and reassures Survivors that they are continually linked to the Army Family for as long as they desire.
SOS offers support through:
• Benefits Coordinators: Benefits Coordinators will provide expertise on local, state and Federal benefits. They also work with Casualty Assistance Officers, providing the Surviving Family with assistance to understand and apply for their benefits.
• Financial Counselors: Financial Counselors provide assistance to Surviving Families through investment and estate planning education. Financial counselors work closely with Benefits Coordinators, Army Long Term Family Case Management, and legal assistance to address the needs of Surviving Families.
• Support Coordinators: Support Coordinators function as the long term support personnel for Survivors. Support coordinators facilitate support groups, provide life skills education, and connect Survivors with counseling resources. These Coordinators work closely with Benefits Coordinators, Casualty Assistance Officers, and Army Long Term Family Case Management to ensure Survivors receive their necessary services.